Writer. Baker. Green thumb.
These three words just about sum me up. Sure, we can add bestselling author, proud mother, lifelong bookworm, sewer, recovering owner builder, DIY junkie and animal hoarder to the list, but when I have free time, and I'm not off adventuring with my family, these are the top three things that make me smile.
Find out more behind the scenes in my monthly newsletter (sign up link below), join me as I chat with fabulous authors, check out my family's favourite recipes, enter my fab giveaways and contests and find yourself the perfect escape to the country.
'The beautiful thing about Maya Linnell's books is that they really do transport you into rural life... Bottlebrush Creek has an extremely authentic feel and the author's lived experience of what she writes really shines through' Bestselling author, Cassie Hamer
A few fun facts
1. My lucky number is 3
2. My name is pronounced May-ah
Linn - Elle
3. I have sneaky blocks of chocolate hidden all across the house
4. I always have a book (or three) on the go
5. My lifelong dream to become an author came true last winter and I couldn’t wish for a better job than telling the stories of rural Australia
6. I love baking (especially sweet stuff), gardening (particularly dahlias), sewing (skirts, aprons and bags) and writing (rural romance)
7. I’d rather buy rose bushes or fabric than new clothes or shoes
'Maya Linnell tells a good yarn'
Ruth Magazine, Queensland CWA
Maya Linnell was recently shortlisted as the ARRA 2019 Favourite Debut Author and Favourite Australian Romance Author for her rural romance debut Wildflower Ridge. Bottlebrush Creek is her second novel, and both stories gather inspiration from her rural upbringing and the small communities she has always lived in and loved. Maya is currently working on her third novel, Magpie's Bend, to be released in June 2021 with Allen & Unwin.
A former country journalist and PR writer, Maya now prefers the world of fiction over fact and blogs for Romance Writers Australia. She loves baking up a storm, tending to her rambling garden, and raising three little bookworms. Maya lives on a small property in country Victoria with her family, her menagerie of farm animals and the odd snake or two. Follow her on Instagram or Facebook @maya.linnell.writes