Writer. Baker. Green thumb.
These three words just about sum me up. Sure, we can add bestselling author, proud mother, lifelong bookworm, sewer, recovering owner builder, DIY junkie and animal hoarder to the list, but when I have free time, and I'm not off adventuring with my family, these are the top three things that make me smile.
Find out more behind the scenes in my quarterly newsletter (sign up link below), join me as I chat with fabulous authors, check out my family's favourite recipes, enter my fab giveaways and contests and find yourself the perfect escape to the country.
'The beautiful thing about Maya Linnell's books is that they really do transport you into rural life... Bottlebrush Creek has an extremely authentic feel and the author's lived experience of what she writes really shines through' Bestselling author, Cassie Hamer
A few fun facts
1. My lucky number is 3
2. My name is pronounced May-ah
Linn - Elle
3. I have sneaky blocks of chocolate hidden all across the house
4. I always have a book (or three) on the go
5. My lifelong dream to become an author came true in 2019 and I couldn’t wish for a better job than telling the stories of rural Australia
6. I love baking (especially sweet stuff), gardening (particularly dahlias), sewing (skirts, aprons and bags) and writing (rural romance)
7. I’d rather buy rose bushes or fabric than new clothes or shoes
'Maya Linnell tells a good yarn'
Ruth Magazine, Queensland CWA
Bestselling rural fiction author, Maya Linnell, gathers inspiration from her rural upbringing and the small communities she has always lived in and loved. Paperbark Hill is her fourth novel, following Magpie’s Bend, Bottlebrush Creek and Wildflower Ridge. A former country journalist and radio host, Maya also blogs for Romance Writers Australia, loves baking up a storm, tending to her rambling garden and raising three bookworms.
She writes to a soundtrack of magpies, sheep and chickens on a small property in country Victoria, where she lives with her family, their menagerie of farm animals and the odd tiger snake or two. Follow her on Instagram or Facebook @maya.linnell.writes